Trainings and Schooling
Specialized Trainings and Schooling
The Philippine National Police Training Service (PNPTS) was created as an interim unit on March 12, 2005 with its headquarters located at Camp Crame, Quezon City. To accelerate professionalism among PNP personnel, the Center for Specialized Courses and the Reformatory School were placed under it. The Philippine National Police Training Service, even during its early days as a fledgling community, drew inspiration and remained true to its mission to conduct training courses and implement all PNP in-service and progressive training programs geared towards skills enhancement, intellectual advancement and moral transformation of PNP Personnel.
- Conduct the progressive training courses for the personnel in the Technical Service;
- Conduct trainings for Field Training Officers (FTO's) who will act as instructors/trainers of recruits undergoing the Field Training Program;
- Supervise and monitor the conduct of the Field Training Program in the Police Regional Offices (PRO's);
- Conduct foreign assisted trainings in connection with bilateral anti-terrorism programs with the United Kingdom (UK), Australia, United States of America (USA) and other concerned countries;
- Conduct special courses for individual or unit proficiency such as the Special Counter-Insurgency Orientation Course (SCOUT). Police Responders Course, Community Oriented Policing System (COPS), Seminar on Police Intervention Technique Seminar, Criminal Investigation Courses; Intelligence Courses, SWAT Course, Crisis Response Seminar, Instructor Development Course and other courses which are not being given by the Philippine Public Safety College (PPSC);
- Conduct courses on sports and skills development of PNP Personnel;
- Conduct Trainings on values and leadership geared towards the development and acquisition of proper attitudes and behaviours by PNP personnel;
- Conduct development courses for Non-Uniformed Personnel;
- Train, develop and maintain a pool of competent instructors in the PNP;
- Establish and maintain adequate physical training facilities and equipment;
- Forge collaborative arrangements with other government and private educational institutions for exchange programs and accreditation of training courses; and
- Perform duties related to training as directed.
Reference: NAPOLCOM Memorandum 2009-254